The effect of Hyaloronic Acid, Succinate and Mandelic acid peels on the aging facial skin.
The patient is a 58 yr old female that was a competitive swimmer and underwater hockey player for 20 years. She has never used a homecare facial regime other than a moisturiser. She does not smoke and is on no chronic medication. She does not follow a specific diet and takes no vitamins or any other supplements. She lives in the Limpopo province in South Africa that receives minimal rain fall and has high daily temperatures. The patient has no history of breast cancer, melanoma or diabetes.
The patient shows all of the classical signs of aging skin, namely dehydration, dull complexion, solar lentiginos, elastoses, ptosis with deep rhytides around the mouth.Her skin is of medium thickness. She has signs of volume loss in the cheek area and closing of the orbital space that is normal aging for her age.
What do we want to achieve?
- Fresher youthful look
- Improved skin colour
- Reduction in the depth and size of the wrinkles
- Lifting effect
- Decrease in pigmentation
A combination of hyaloronic acid and succinate ( Xela Rederm) was injected into the dermis of the facial skin and this was followed by a chemical peel seven days later.
1.1 Product: Combination of Hyaloronic acid and succinate
- A concentration of 18mg / ml hyuloronic acid and 16mg /ml succinate acid was used.
- 0ne treatment every two weeks.
- Total of 6 treatments. One treatment every two weeks.
- 1ml was used for the per treatment.
- 31 g 4mm mesorele needle was used.
- 3-4mm apart with papules not bigger than 5mm.
- 2 Chemical peels:
A chemical peel was done 7 days after each hyaloronic acid/ succinic acid treatment. A total of six peels were done.
The ingredients of the peel are Mandelic acid, pyruvic acid, lactobionic acid, salicylic acid and retinol. A radiance release activator / powder was applied after the peel
- Patient washed her face two hours after procedure.
- Hyalual daily deluxe was applied as often as patient needed to.
- Avoid sun and apply a SPF 50 sun block.
- She was asked to increase her daily water intake.
- Avoid alcohol.
- No anti inflammatory medication post treatment.
- 10% L ascorbic acid serum applied in the morning.
- Moisturiser was applied twice daily.
Before and after: